Thursday, April 22, 2010

About my presentation

My term paper is on the Future of Old Media. With the new media craze, I was curious to see what was in store for old media such as newspapers, magazines and television. Using websites and books, I searched for articles and papers on the topic.
 I didn’t find a lot of research papers examining old media and its future that would be helpful to me. However,I did find some examples of future of old media such as Apps Television, touch magazines, and IN Nespaper.
 I thought this was very useful and interesting because I would think that new media would be the same ways and it will help to survive. When new media became increasingly popular, they weren’t prepared; so they devised defensive strategies, in fear of getting replaced.
I also did research just by using Google to search for articles on old media. I found survey statistics that show a decline in the old format’s use and increase in internet and new media use.

1 comment: